Re: Audi 80 (93)

I have an oil leak in the engine compartment :(

> > Today I tightened up the rather loose rocker cover nuts. Hoping this will > cure it - > > What else could this be ? The oil is in the timing belt compartment and > around the front drivers side of the engine. > > She performs well and there is no noticeable effect on engine output etc > other than the need to top up with a litre or so every 500 miles. > > At night, I can see the oil being burnt off in the headlights. > > I was thinking maybe an oil seal on the camshaft ? But I`m unfamiliar with > the car and HAYNES don`t do a manual for this year. > > Any thoughts appreciated. > > MJ

You tightened the rocker cover, might be time for a new rocker gasket?

Dave

Reply to
Funkman

I had a leaky rocker. The earlier gasket was cork & shouldn't be too tight. The later gasket was rubber with metal inserts. It cost a fortune, but cured the leak. Dave

Reply to
Dave

Looks like I`ve cured mine by tightening up but still not 100%.

How much would you say a fortune is ? Just curious a new gasket maybe the next step.

MJ

Reply to
Mungo Jerry

Picked up the gasket for £5.88 from the Audi dealer in Battersea.

Fingers crossed it solved the prob.

Next port of call will be the oil seals if the gasket doesnt work.

MJ

Reply to
Mungo Jerry