Re: RANT: Bloody Chavved Up Boy Racer Cars

Alex Threlfall ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.cyberprog.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

At the weekend I had the misfortune to be helping my friend in his > workshop while waiting for 7 hours for the 10minute job I needed him > to do... this in itself is another story, best left for another day.

Sounds familiar...

So anyway, one of his mates had dropped off a Peugeot 106 or similar > design with the instructions and parts to change the rear wheel axle > bearing. It had unfortunatley been chavved up with a body kit and so > on and lowered. So lowered in fact, we had to use a jack to get the > ramp arms in underneath. This did not bode well.

Sounds very familiar...

So, that's that horror story out of the way, anyone else feel like > unloading?

I may have mentioned here before about the chavved-up Paxo that went into a mate's Cit workshop because it was pissing coolant out.

Wide 17" rims, lowered...

The tyres had neatly worn through the bottom hose (hence the coolant) but also the arch liners, a section of metal in one inner arch... and the petrol filler pipe...

It left there with a very large bill, a severe bollocking, and riding on a set of standard 14" steels with new tyres...

Reply to
Adrian

Buy some "1.3l" badges and some araldite :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

...and some expanding foam....

Reply to
adder1969

The fact that it is *registered* as a 1300 doesn't mean that's what in it of course...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Yes, those 14s are still on it...

Reply to
DervMan

You can bet your boots that if you did, the next day a 'turbo' badge would appear on it!

Reply to
SimonJ

Where the f*ck do these people get their work done? 17s on a 106 is a piece of piss.

Reply to
Iridium

Usually Halfrauds/McDonalds car park.

But why would you want to?

Reply to
SimonJ

You'll need to hacksaw the 'i' off first.

Reply to
James Dore

Because to some people it's cool.

Reply to