Rear Lights - Peugeot 205

I've got a 1990/91 Peugeot 205. I was investigating the rear lights today when it dawned on me that the car doesn't appear to have reversing lights. I thought they were fitted as standard long before the early

1990s, so can any of you think what I might be missing? It's a bit tricky to check the bulbs when I can't even work out which it's meant to be.

The Haynes manual is very little help - it doesn't help that the photo in the book bears little or no relationship to the array on the back of my car.

Reply to
Coombs

The rear fog on one side and and reversing light on the other on my 1991

205 were in the lower section of the rear bumper, not the light clusters themselves.

Mine may be different to yours as there was a model revision around 1990 IIRC. I think the older generation cars had more colours in the rear light clusters, and orange front indicator lenses.

HTH.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Oh! You mean that the 'non-working' rear fog light is actually the reversing light? Hang on though, that means that there's an offside foglight and a nearside reversing light (or possibly vice versa). How is that meant to make any sort of sense?

/me scratches head

Reply to
Coombs

the requirement is for an offside fog light in this country, there is not a requirement for a reversing light so it can go anywhere within reason on the back end, since it is not intended to light the way backwards but merely warn others it does not have to be positioned in the middle or both sides, just one will do adequately.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Coombs ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Have you *tried* it...?

Yup, that way round.

That's common.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, but only sort of. Being convinced that any reversing light had to be within the main cluster it didn't occur to me to look down on the bumper. I was just very puzzled that when the car was put into reverse (with the ignition on) there were (apparently) no lights coming on. I was scratching my head by this time, having identified all the other lights, not least because the Haynes manual has a photograph of the rear light cluster that is completely different from the one on my car.

But not necessarily sense?

Reply to
Coombs