Rear wiper not working on N reg Escort

5 door 1.6 N reg Escort. The wiper won't work. It has moved the upright position and won't come back down. When I switch the car off and then start it up the wiper will move slightly. At the smae time time, the switch for the rear window heater stays on, won't switch off. The fact that this has happened at the same time makes me wonder...don't ask me what I'm wondering as I don't know...but I still wonder and hence I'm here asking the question.

Cheers BC

Reply to
Big Craigie

two things some are earthed through the rear tail gate hinge or the wires that go through the tailgate are broken.

Reply to
reg

I'll look into that...cheers BC

Reply to
Big Craigie

Give 'em a clean, it should work afterwards.

Reply to
DervMan

Have you tried cleaning the 3 spring contacts on the underside of the tailgate & the contact plates? I have to do this every year or so on my escort or I get exactly the same symptoms. Also check that the springs move freely.

Reply to
Dave Griffs