Recyle or fresh air?

Also sprach "MickS" :-

We don't have traffic in Telford - must be the smell from Buildwas power station.

Reply to
Guy King

Also sprach "r.p.mcmurphy" :-

I had about a dozen of 'em when I was with BSM and none of 'em ever steamed up (even with sweaty learners) except when the recirc was selected.

Reply to
Guy King

No, the Indian in Shifnal ;)

Reply to
MickS

The worst was the maggot farm near Oakengates - The smell used to drift across the Eastern Primary beautifully on a warm day.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

That may just beat the smell at work.

I work for a pet food company. They're somewhat known for their dog food 'with Tripe'. The amount of tripe processed on site makes for a somewhat interesting scent to the place on warm days.

Warwick -- It gets cooked after the tin lid is on you know.

Reply to
Warwick

Recycle warms up (or with aircon, cools down) the interior of the car quicker than pulling-in fresh air from outside. But only use it for a few mins, because, of course, you are not getting fresh air

Reply to
R. Murphy

Nope, neither (95 A6 without aircon, the previous one with aircon had a recirc setting)

Reply to
DuncanWood

Also sprach Warwick :-

Of course - the only reason they use tripe is that it's a waste product and it's better to can it and flog it than to pay to take it away. Same reason they inject whey into meat - they'd have to pay to dispose of it otherwise.

Reply to
Guy King

How can you say that - about one of the delicasies of the UK gourmet world - Tripe and Onions- the food of (pearly) kings.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Also sprach "Simon Atkinson" :-

However true that may be - there's a glut of it on the market.

Reply to
Guy King

Dying breed your akchewal Pearly init? Especially around rural Shropshire.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

No, we buy it in. If the labs find whey in a meat batch they reject the batch and everything on the same batch.

Everything produced is fit for human consumption as a couple of stunt developers are only too quick to prove.

Recent problems have been loads with *way* too much water content. Rejteing can get expensive after a few loads so they tend to stabilise within our somwhat strict limits fairly fast

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

Also sprach Warwick :-

I don't doubt it - but things which would be an expensive to dispose of byproduct in one part of the industry are "hidden" in foods in another.

Reply to
Guy King

common sense / intelligence is in short supply - Its worrying when u find the tossers who have the vote

recycle + a/c is great to de-mist /heat

recycle is good when you pass something smelly - fire / car blowing blue smoke

I have to admit BMWs (Yuck/spit) have an auto function to help Dick heads out

Reply to
Tommy

Also sprach "Tommy" :-

Doesn't seem to work.