Renault Clio RL wont start after winter

Hi lads,

First of all, great group, as I just bought my first car, a renault clio RL, I've got lot of usefull info from your discussions, but I need a bit more.

I went travelling this winter, and left the car under a cover in the garden after taking out the battery. When I got back I put the battery back in the car and tried to start it only.... nothing happens. I know that there is power in the battery as the lights are fully bright when I switch them on. I think the problem is with the ignition relay because 1) absolutely nothing happens when I turn the key, no noise nothing, and 2) the idiot lights dont dim, so I dont think there is any extra draw on the battery.

I'd like to try to save some money and fix this myself, does anyone have a better idea as to what the problem might be??? Also, can anyone tell me where the ignition relay is on the Clio RL?????

Thanks a lot for your help, Alan

Reply to
Alan.N.Drew

wrote

I would suggest that you try bump starting the car and if it starts, then let it idle for an hour or so with the bonnet raised and see if this clears the fault, which is prolly caused by the effect of damp..

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

Thanks vince,

I gave that a go but it didn't fix it. In the end all it took was hitting the starter motor with a hammer a couple of times.

Thanks very much for your time, Regards, Alan

Knight Of The Road wrote:

Reply to
Alan.N.Drew