renault espace rn helios 2068cc turbo diesel

hi there can anyone help me please,i have brought an renault espace N reg from ebay, it had no fuel filter housing, [ good eh] well i put one on, primed it up, the car started and hurrar it ran lovely, but after about 2 mins it cut out, so i repeated priming and started again, it run again then yes it stopped again, PLEASE PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME? AS ANYONE GOT AN IDEA OF WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE. thanks to anyone with the time to reply regards john

Reply to
johnbeech2

Probably an air leak into the fuel system, probably at the filter . connect direct to the tank, bypassing the filter, and try again. if this doesn't work then bypass all the fuel lines, use a can of diesel as your fuel tank, have a flow and return pipe into the can, see if it then keeps running indefinitely.

Reply to
MrCheerful

It might be worth pointing out that a road test would be inappropriate at this point ;-)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

You baby, I've road tested with a petrol can under the bonnet, and a jumper pack (not both at the same time). I used my petrol land rover for years from a fuel can in the back, covered over with a tarpaulin at MoT time. Don't know you're born, grumble, grumble........

Oh yes, my dad had an idea to make people drive more carefully: Fuel tanks must be mounted on the front bumper and there must be a sharp stake coming out of the middle of the steering wheel, mutter, mutter.......

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful