Renault Megane - cabin heater noise

Hi all,

Need a hand / ideas, got a '99 Renault Megane Coupe.

When you start the car, there is a banging noise comming from the centre console. I had a word for Renault, and they told me the unit that control the airflow in the car, need to be replaced. Well at a cost of £450- I'm sure there is / must be a cheaper option.

Is it possible to set these vents in a permant open posistion, with glue, tape, etc.

I even get this banging noise when I close the door, as if wind is escaping somewhere from a vent.

Any help will be great - Thanks in advanced..

Arno

Reply to
Alula

A similar fault has been featured in Car Mechanic on a 97 Renault Scenic (May 2006, page 20, "Noisy Dash"), the replacement motor directional flap unit which was constantly driving the flap around, a replacement was quoted at £150.

I suspect your dealing is pulling your chain.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

hi PDH,

Thanks for your reply -- it sounds like the same issue. Any idea where I can get hold of this magazine, and does the article explain how to replace this motor.

regards, Alula

Reply to
Alula