renault megane problems

HI,I HAVE A RENAULT MEGANE AND IT WILL NOT START.THE BATT IS OK BUT I GET NO DASHBOARD LIGHTS COME UP WHEN I TURN KEY,ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS.ALL FUSES ARE OK TOO

Reply to
ALAN1972

We would all be most grateful if you would stop shouting. (Turn caps lock off). Thank you.

Some more details would be helpful.

What year is it? Petrol? Diesel? Size?

When you say it is not starting, do you mean it turns over, but doesn't start? Or does it just do nothing.

Has it had a fault intermittently, or did it suddenly fail?

Please post back and someone may be able to help.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The message from "ALAN1972" contains these words:

First - turn off your CapsLock key!

How do you know the battery's OK?

If you're /sure/ it's OK then check the earth strap from the battery to the body and from the body to the engine.

Reply to
Guy King

spot on usuall is earth to engine at offside that left side as you are looking at it under the bonnet the earth cable to the top rear of the engine comes out of its connector

Reply to
Mindwipe