Rover 214 - squeak

Hi all,

Yes - it's the 214 again! Head Gasket repaired and it sailed through it's

1st MOT since I had it - 2 offside tyres and tracking and a rear bulb (which only blew the day b4) Not bad since it cost me £200 in March and the gasket job only cost £30 and half a days graft from hubster! Since it has been for Mot though it has developed a squeak when I pull away in 1st. It's not loud (I notice it but noone else does) but resembles the sort of squeal that a waterpump does when it is on it's way out. Anyone got any ideas??

Gaynor

Reply to
Gaynor

Probably just the clutch plate damping mechanism. Ignore it. Clutches are weak on these.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Or if it does it in neutral it's a drive belt

Reply to
duncanwood

Many thanks - no definately in 1st but then considering what I paid for the car then I'm not too worried. I only bought it to get it through my test (end of month) and get another 12 months after out of it - I might be putting my head in a noose now - it's been really reliable - even when I found oil in the water (gasket) I drove round town and it never even coughed! I have a feeling I may be keeping it for a lot longer.

Gaynor

Reply to
Gaynor

trade it in 4 a 106 1.1