Rover 216 Lights

I need to buy new rear light units for my 1995 Rover 216. It has failed the MOT because the lenses are 'too white'

I've been quoted £75 each from an independent and £91 each from a Rover dealer.

Anyone know anywhere online where I can get a good deal on Rover spares?

Other than that, can I put coloured bulbs in the units?

Reply to
Sprout

Go to your local scrapyard. Shouldn't be more than =A320 a side.

--=20 Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

Reply to
Conor

Wouldn't be the indicators would it? I've seen a lot of Rovers that seem to wink white at me.

Anyway, I'd certainly try E-marked coloured bulbs to start with as that's what's used if you have clear lenses. Failing that, IIRC, you can get coloured tint from Halfords (as favoured by the boy racer brigade.)

Reply to
Scott M

Thanks mate - what does E-marked mean??

Reply to
Sprout

Legal for use in the EU.

Reply to
Conor

Aren't they the later spec clusters with the transparent indicator lenses? If so then I imagine it's the indicator bulb that needs replacing and not the complete unit. Over time the yellow coating on the bulbs flake off and they show as white instead of yellow.

If you do need new clusters then I have a pair I'm prepared to sell for £30+p&p.

Reply to
Michael Cotton

Rovers of this year and model use coloured bulbs as standard they should be changed every 3 years or so as they fade.

Reply to
bonzo