Rover 216 soft top won't go down

The motor runs and dims the lights slightly, but no movement. Could someone guess for me what might be the problem.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

You haven't unlocked it?

HTH

Reply to
Him & Her

Fair comment, but I did unlock it and even gave it a helping hand! But although there's a whirr there's no attempt to move the roof.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

I'm afraid I know nothing about electric sun roofs, but it does seem as though it is jammed mechanically.

Is it possible to disconnect whatever the motor drives, to see if it runs on its own?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan