rover 600 oil filter

is it possible to remove oil filter on 98 rover 600 without putting car on ramps? if so , how?

Reply to
glover.brian

From above.

Reply to
Conor

I cant even see the oil filter. Apologise , I was told it was under the inlet manifold. cant see it , where is it located. Normally get garage to service , but costs are high for a car that is ten years old (nealry). Where is the oil filter located.

Reply to
glover.brian

Under the manifold. You can get a filter wrench on it.

Why not just take it to your local National Tyres and get them to do it? Currently doing oil and filter changes for £15 or £20 if you want the posh oil.

Can't remember the last time I did an oil change myself on a car - it's just not financially viable anymore.

Reply to
Conor

Just got it doen at local place. Popped in for spark plugs , and they quoted =A319.99 . So got it done there. Dont know why I bothered with this question in hindsight

Reply to
glover.brian

More and more people are coming to the same conclusion about oil changes.

Reply to
Conor