Rover 800 rear callipers.

I'm after a pair of these for a conversion jobbie - but secondhand spares places I found by Googling seem to want a ridiculous sum for them. Any suggestions for a cheaper source?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

buy a complete car and scrap or break the rest

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Not really practical as I don't have off road parking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

buy it, tow it to scrappy, ask 'em to hoist it up, whip off the calipers, give 'em the car. Job done :-)

Reply to
Pete M

Trouble is there's a dearth of scrappies round here. All sold off for housing. But given the amount now unsold perhaps they'll turn them back into scrappies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Buy one near a scrappy then. A socket set and a bloke on a rope ain't beyond ya is it?

Reply to
Pete M

cross the water, there are plenty near me in Essex. outens, M&J, Innes, dozens down ferry lane, rainham etc.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

For all that aggro be easier just to pay what they want for spares.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed - if I'd got a selection of convenient scrappies I'd try those. But the nearest decent sized one is miles away - about 30. And is one of those which removes stuff and charges accordingly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)