Rover Speedo

Hi guys.

The speedo in my 1984 Rover Vanden Plas (3.5L V8 model) is not working. The tacho and all other gauges are working fine.

Is this a common problem. Where would be a general area to look for a problem?

Best regards

-- Garry Beattie Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer & Small Yacht Cruising Emagazine

Garry Beattie

"Garry Beattie" mumbled:

Take the cable out of the back of the speedo head and have a look to see if the square end is going round when the car's moving. Might be wise to jack up a driven wheel rather than try to peer at it while touring the neighbourhood.

Reply to
Guy King

working. The

look for a

Check the wiring between the g/b transducer and printed circuit behind the instrument panel. IME, if the wiring is OK, the fault is more likely to be in the transducer than the panel or head. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Yes it's common. The likely cause - by far - is the transducer in the 'box. They are still available from Rimmers, though, unless you have an EFI (auto) like me...

And don't ever expect the trip counter to work. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Yes I have the 3500 EFI V8 auto.

What price do these transducers usually sell for?

-- Garry Beattie Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer & Small Yacht Cruising Emagazine

Garry Beattie

They're no longer available new, so lots of money if you could find one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman