Santa Fe clutch problem

Looking for some advice. On the way to work today, when I went to change =

gear, I noticed that my clutch pedal was way lower than usual and I = couldn't=20 change gear. I managed to lift the pedal with my foot and the clutch was = OK=20 all the way to work. On my way home tonight, when I got in the car and=20 started it and went to put it into 1st gear, again, the clutch pedal was =

nearly on the floor and I had to lift it with my foot in order to engage = the=20 clutch and get into gear. This then happened around 50% of the times I = tried=20 to change gear. I got home at 22:30 and it's totally pi**ing down and=20 blowing a gale, so no chance for me to check anything, but any ideas = what I=20 need to look at tomorrow? It's a 2010 Santa Fe 2.2 diesel with around =

22,000=20 miles on it (only serviced 2 weeks ago). Ian=20
Reply to
Ian

As the clutch is not slipping??

Thinking that these have a hydraulic clutch system, Low pedal and sticking indicates low pressure, first I would be checking fluid levels and for leaks from either the master or slave cylinders.

(If mechanical them a new cable as the strands start to break and fray (this is what happens))

Reply to
Rob

your description says faulty cluch master cylinder to me.

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

Five year warranty?