Skoda Octavia Speedometer malfunction

Hi,

It started a few weeks ago... sometimes, while driving, suddenly, the speedometer (how do you say it in englisch... the needle) and the revolution counter (how do you call this) show 0. Just for a moment and then they show the actual speed an revolutions again. Now, they stay to zero. The rest of the dash stays operational. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
ICE

Sounds like a common Ground(eletronic) has failed between the speedo n the rev counter.

time to take the panel out.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

I've reposted this because skynet was down a few days and I don't see the thread in my newsreader. I can see neils answer on google...

Hi,

It started a few weeks ago... sometimes, while driving, suddenly, the speedometer (how do you say it in englisch... the needle) and the revolution counter (how do you call this) show 0. Just for a moment and then they show the actual speed an revolutions again. Now, they stay to zero. The rest of the dash stays operational. Any ideas?

Thanks

Neils answer