spark plugs

If an engine has been running lean and the spark plugs are white on the end, and now the engine is working correctly, is it advisable to change the spark plugs or will it function properly as it is and show a brown tip after some time ?

Reply to
munki

it will probably be all right if it still loks the right shapes, with no bits of insulation fallen off or any melting.

Plugs don't tend to always end up light brown any more due to the tighter mixture controls we now have and the change in petrol specs.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

munki expressed precisely :

If the plugs have not suffered any damage, YES they should be fine.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Ahh what colour should I be looking for for a normal running engine ?

Reply to
munki

grey

Reply to