Steamy windows

Peugeot 106 97P

On cool mornings the heater steams the windscreen up.

Have checked for leaks and found two small stains on the remote keypad console. It looks like antifreeze has dripped down from the heater matrix or it's pipes.

I need to find out if the problem is the heater matrix or just a pipe that is corroding, or needs retightening. Problem is I don't have the book.

Do I have to remove the whole dashboard, or if it's possible to remove the centre part (radio, heater controls) can I check the matrix and parts from there.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Try a bottle of Bar's Leaks in the radiator. It might just solve your problem without dismantling anything. Worth a try and no harm done if it doesn't cure the problem.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

I've heard that this remedy works well on older systems (eg. copper) but can block up modern plastic systems.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors