Thanks to Contributors Here...

I have bitter memorys of a set of firestimes on te Fiat 2000 that went sideways in the wet if you thought about pressing the loud pedal. Although the last A6 I wrote off by gliding into the back of the car in front had

2/3 worn p6000s on it.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Dave Baker was thinking very hard :

[Takes car out, fitted with a full set of part worn (3 to 5mm) P6000 for test on a mix of ice and wet roads]

Nope, they are absolutely fine. Nice smooth, predictable break away when provoked.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Dave Baker wrote on 31/12/2009 :

I would put that down more to the variations in capabilities of driver than the tyres. They don't do any scientific comparisons, it is all seat of pants testing and opinion.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

Correct. Apart from The Stig*, the driver is always the unknown variable in any driving situation.

8-)

  • It's not me, BTW..

Reply to
Gordon H