too cheap?

I personally am with Red Ken on the use of SUVs in towns. Unless you're going to take them off road I see little point in them.

Reply to
Malc

[...]

Including Lada Nivas but not SJ410s.

Alistair J Murray

Alistair J Murray ( snipped-for-privacy@fluffy.f.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think I'd even rather have an SJ.

They're just like a Rav, in that they're crap on-road and you look like an utter tit driving one, but they differ from a Rav in that they're good off- road.

Reply to
Adrian

Ok, seems it's as japanese as sake, though it has some interesting kind of AV unit in it.

So, should it be cheaper? Cos I still likes the look of it :P

Chandy

Reply to
chandy

( snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If it's a jap-spec head unit, the FM tuners work on a different range...

Reply to
Adrian

Suggestions for a non-SUV alternative to the Range Rover for towing up to 3 tonnes would genuinely be welcomed. And whilever the government imposes such high charges, directly or otherwise, on the ownership, as against use, of cars, I'll keep using it as an everyday car even when I'm not towing.

Reply to
Autolycus

So the short answer is yes , it should be cheap, the long answer is "if it's what you want buy it & don't worry about it"

Reply to
Duncan Wood

There is a place for them, like for towing as you said. But as an every day vehicle around town?

Reply to
Malc

range...

Maybe that's what the stuck-on plastic antenna things are for in the back windows? Weird sheets of plastic.

Hmmm..

Reply to
chandy

( snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They won't affect the tuner range.

Jap-spec FM uses a non-standard FM range (76-90 against the international

88-108), so the tuner will only get very very very few UK stations, if any, without either being swapped out or having a band-extender installed. Japan doesn't use RDS, either.

Not a UK publication, but it describes the problem well :-

Adrian