Tow bar for Ford Escort 55 Van

How difficult is it to make one of these ? Not sure of the best place to attach to underbody of van.

I've got the ball/hitch from an old Citroen AX and that was a diy job.

I need to tow the occasional trailer full of horse sh*t.

Cheers

Reply to
Darren

So buy one. They're type-approved. Which means that they use all the manufacturer's mounting points. The rest of us won't be so happy when your home-made bracket snaps and dumps you shit in the road.

I'm a good welder but I would never attempt to make a towing bracket.

Reply to
asahartz

Does the requirement for tow-bar type approval for cars registered after 1st August 1998 also apply to vans?

Or the loose trailer hits a car...

Indeed; the welding is only one part of the equation.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No.

I wouldn't have thought that a good used towbar off a 'scrote van would be too difficult to find - scrap yards must be fairly full of the damn things currently, and many ex-builder vans will have bars on.

Reply to
Adrian

I haven't been able to find one at a local scrapyard.

Does any one know a good scrappy near Cardiff ?

Cheers.

Reply to
Darren