Typical..

A week after saying that the plugs in my old Escort have been in there without trouble for years without trouble and the last couple of times I've started it I've had to add in a bit of throttle before it would catch.

A quick check shows the HT leads are OK, the timing is still fine and there's nothing wrong with the distributor.

The plug ends look fine and there's still a spark, but it looked a bit weak.

I guess my first fix will be to change the plugs.

Ah well.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

Just changed mine at the weekend for the first time since I've had the car (96 escort 1.3). Don't think these things had ever been changed (75k on it, got it at 50) as they appear to have been put in with an air gun they were that wedged! Took a socket set that you could dismantle a truck with and of course three of them snapped.

Good luck!

Chandy

Reply to
chandy