VAG pricing etc

I'm looking around for a new company car, we tend to stick to VW's etc.

I wanted a skoda octavia scout, but 7 month waiting list for full book price isnt that tempting, especially with the emissions etc.

I got looking at a vRS Estate 170hp diesel, got chatting & brand new on the road price of £18,400.00, which is about £4k off list

170bhp, 149gm/km & huge carrying ability just seems bloody good value, especially if you wanted the equivalent passat would cost £26k

No brainer really.

Reply to
Nige

Acid test. Can u stuff an 8ft by 4ft board or fence panel in the back?

I know that can with other cars. Just not my Octavia 1 :(

Reply to
Adrian C

No idea, nor am i likely to find out :)

Reply to
Nige

Remember, you pay BIK tax on the full list price, not the discounted price....

Reply to
SteveH

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 14:55:30 -0000, Adrian C wrote:=

Err what car can you get an 8x4 in the back without trashing something?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

"Duncan Wood" wrote: [snip]

Land Rover 110, Ford Expedition

Reply to
Steve Firth

You can't get an 8'x4' sheet in a 110.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Goes in fine if you have the version with a tailgate instead of a central door.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I don't want 8'x4', I want 3m long copper pipe.

And a sub 10m turning circle.

And CdA in top 20 "worlds best" for production car.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Modern cars, with their far-forward, steeply sloping windscreens, are quite good at carrying long narrow things. The current Fiesta can carry pipes 2.6m long internally.

Reply to
RustyFiesta

Astra Estate.

Reply to
Adrian C

Ah, I was assuming you'd want to shut the boot lid.

Reply to
Duncan Wood