Looking for new car

I cueently own a 95 E34, looking to purchase an 03 525 or 530 (sport) I like the added power of the 530, but came accross a clean 525. Any suggestions on how to chip-up the 525, and what HP that will net me?

Thx.

Reply to
Wattage

Not much. The newer BMWs tune themselves rather effectively to match the octane of the fuel being used. The old "chip" the car worked by advancing the timing which on non-adaptive cars was set conservatively by the manufacturer.

And you can't "chip" them - the ECU has to be re-programmed now, there are no replaceable chips in it.

Reply to
admin

Thx, I guess that makes my decision easy (or harder maybe)

Reply to
Wattage