Vauxhall Omega (aka Leaky Lily) rapidly filling with water

I have a 99 Omega CDX estate, with an interesting leak somewhere that dumps water into the nearside front footwell. It appears to run down behind the insulating foam on the front of the footwell before pooling in the bottom of the car. I inherited a badly fitted windscreen with the car, and got it reseated. This didn't stop the water ingress but it did at least sort out the 2 obvious leaks in the windscreen seal!! Please, please, please help. I've been told today that I should check the sunroof drain channels. I'm a manicured-handed IT engineer, so apart from rebooting the car (quite satisfying actually, using size 12 DMs) I need a bit of hand holding with anything else.

Cheers

Rich

Reply to
Richard Davies

Try pouring water down the sunroof drain channels and seeing if it's draining out properly through the bottom of the wings.

Cheers, Jiffy

Reply to
Jiffy

There is also a couple of drain holes under the bonnet in the wings which drain off the water flowing off the windscreen. They should have little plastic sieves on them, if they get blocked with leaves the water can build up and leak down the wiring loom into the car.

Will

Reply to
Will Reeve

There is a drain hole underneath the plastic cover around the windscreen wipers and if that gets blocked water can fill up and overflow into the air intake and from there run down into the passenger footwell. I think you can see it if you open the access flap to the pollen filter (on the nearside just below the windscreen). The drain hole is in the center of the car at the bottom of that void.

Reply to
rp

Guys,

Thanks a lot for your very good (and clear) advice. If it's not weeing down on Saturday, I'll be up to my elbows in car muck :)

Cheers

Rich

Reply to
Richard Davies