Vectra Clutch Rattle

Hi all,

Managed to fix the non starter and now have another problem!

When we lift the clutch and as it hits the biting point there is a squeak/rattle. Sounds exactly like the noise when someone is using those drills to dig up a street!

Not sure what it is - but seems to be coming from near the timing belt

- but only happens when we lift the clutch and when it's at the biting point. Then once we are past this it is fine. It's also okay when we rev up either in gear or when stationary.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
De

You sure it's not a tensioner rattling when the engine is at low revs? Try driving (on an empty road) about 15mph and put it in 5th and slow it til the engine revs hit about 400-500rpm, just before stalling and see if the noise appears.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts