Volvo 240 estates starting ?

I have my Torslanda for about 7 years always great starter. Recently it has become a bit slow starting its almost as if the automatic choke issnt coming on . I need to keep my foot pressed to floor on accelerator. Just after it starts there is a bit of a grating noise just as it starts and then its fine. Any one any practical ideas to improve thanks Thanks in anticipation Rich Westerly 2219 DAVICO

Reply to
Rich

The Torslanda was the run out 240 in the UK in 92/93, therefore it will have the 2.3 B230F engine with motronic FI, - no choke per-sey.

Start by checking the CTS and its connection.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:58:51 +0100, "Tim.." wrote: Thanks Tim for replying but whats the CTS Cheers Rich

Westerly 2219 DAVICO

Reply to
Rich

Coolant temp sensor. On this engine, its under the inlet manifold.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:46:48 +0100, "Tim.." wrote: Many thanks

Westerly 2219 DAVICO

Reply to
Rich