weird noise on Clio

My Renault Clio (1996) makes a weird low-level rumbling noise on the motorway. It only happens at high speed - and not every time. I've had the wheel bearings replaced - so it isn't that. Any ideas/help would be much appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
steve-online

Check the exhaust, it is only supported on one side for most of it's length and has a habit of fouling the gear linkages / rear lower engine mounting.

Reply to
Mill Autos

The message from "Mill Autos" contains these words:

And a blasted nuisance it is, too.

Reply to
Guy King

And I should have added! Next time it happens play with you're knob, when you are in fifth gear( high speed on motorway) the gear linkages are closer to the exhaust than at any other time and playing with your knob may help you forget the noise?

Reply to
Mill Autos

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I'll check it out.

Steve

Reply to
steve-online