Volvo V70 Instrument cluster

Hi All

Need to get to back of this to replace some bulbs

Looks like car is built around it

Any help appreciated

Regards

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Which year of V70? If its the previous model, then you have to remove the entire top of the dashboard- the flat surface running the width of the car- easier than it sounds, but still needs care. Haynes manual details it quite well.

If its the current shape V70, then I aint a clue!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Hi Tim

Thanks for that

Its the V70 classic 1998 so it looks like the dash top to come off

Was not going to get a Haynes as mine is the diesel and they don't do a manual with the diesel engine

Looks like I will have to get one any way.

Reply to
TMC

Hi again

Can't get a manual until next week as local shop is ordering one for me, would like to play at the weekend

Have found 6 screws so far 2 in instrument cowl, 2 in glove box and 1 in each speaker enclosure, can't see any others

Is there much more to the job?

Should I wait until I get the manual?

Regards

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Really yes, it is easy to damage the dash top if your not careful.

There are further screws behind the outter and center air vents- you need to remove the trim bezel first.

If you cannot wait, I can copy you the section from my Haynes manual- email me- remove the obvious.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.