What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

I thought it was only the americans that needed canned laughter to point out humour....

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Can't see why you have come to that conclusion, unless you 'know' him from elsewhere.

Set your newsreader to 'ignore' it.

A suggestion for the OP. We have until recently had a problem with a school'boy' who kept parking outside a house we are working on, blocking one of the access routes. We asked him not to park there, he ignored us. An 'accidental' sprinkling of dust a few days running did the trick. Of course you might not have ready access to builders type dust, but anything else that would cause the cars to need a wash afterwards might work and might be considered less 'illegal' than glue or letting tyres down etc??

Reply to
Holly in France

If they had an orange disabled parking badge, the signs said they could park their. The sign said Orange disabled badge holders, not simply disabled parking. And call me whatever you want, I enjoyed winding the idiots up!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

The message from sme contains these words:

We didn't. We just stated that she had one - nothing about from where she got it or how long she'd had it or whether she deserved it. There was nothing to prevent us just imagining the first one.

Reply to
Guy King

Try asking at the customer service counter of your local Sainsbury, that`s where I worked. If they don`t give you some, they might tell you where to get them from.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

No, the flats are owned, not the car park. Unless the deeds to the property specifically mention part of the car park, the owner of the flat doesn't have any right of ownership to a space.

If there is unrestricted access to the public, I'd expect anyone to park on it.

Reply to
Conor

So you were never a child then?

For God's sake man, get some perspective.

Why?

Ah right, so all kids are going to grow up and become criminals? I'll assume you're talking from personal experience, but the vast majority of children grown up to be well balanced and law abiding members of society.

Reply to
Richard Colton

Not used a photocopier before?

Reply to
John Rumm

They almost invariably do. It causes all sorts of problems in conveyancing when they don't.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You're right. But it was a hire car!

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham

My paternal grandmother is a healthy 80-something year old. My dad told me some of her story a while ago.

She apparently contracted TB in the 40s or 50s and as part of the whole ordeal contracted pneumonia (I think) and suffered a collapsed lung. TB sorted out, out of isolation or whatever TB unit it was at the time, waiting (rather impatiently) in bed for the completely defunct lung to be removed. My grandfather - long deceased now, never met him - then came down with some dreadful disease contracted from working with pigs, now completely unable to look after the 4 or 5 children that they had by that time.

So she just got up, packed her things and discharged herself. Went on and had another 5 kids and to this day she still has only use of one lung.

Yorkshire folk - tough as old boots!

Reply to
RichardS

Blimey! What a thread. This has hit a nerve.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

I agree.

Many years ago I did use a disabled parking space for a time-sensitive but very short appointment when I couldn't park near my appointment. Full of guilt I left a note saying that I was temporarily disabled by a broken leg and when I would be back.

On my return a meter officer was standing observing my progress which was on crutches with a pot on my leg. She didn't approach, I was grateful for her attitude as well as her vigilance.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You think there isn't a national database?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Quite.

Our fellow cyclist had also suffered TB as a child - in the 40s. He was also a Tyke, as we are.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

use woodchip. seems to be particularly resistant to any known form of attack when it's on walls!

Reply to
RichardS

You could scream louder by hitting the caps lock ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

And if you had been allowed to?