What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

In message , Mary Fisher writes

An odd question.

I'd have been given a bollocking, and the person who's property I had damaged would have been offered an apology and, if appropriate, recompense. Sorry if that's an old-fashioned notion, I realise that it is no longer considered necessary to take responsibility for the behaviour of one's children .

Last time it happened to me the woman in charge of the kids neither apologised nor pointed out to the kids that they should be more careful.

Reply to
Steve Walker

That's exactly why I'll choose a checkout with one person with a £60-70 weekly shop over an "express checkout" with 10 people (each with 10 items or less) every time.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

how about we just glue you there you turd

Reply to
mindwipe

do what i did in the same position go out with a spanner and remove and discard their wiper arms

Reply to
mindwipe

Criminal damage and theft, or civil trespass take a guess at who would be in more trouble you or the driver.

Reply to
Depresion

Every day is a Fisher-free day. Be grateful for small mercies.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I read labels but don't buy cans - or anything with E numbers.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's another reaon we don't go to supermarkets - they don't understand that you can't have LESS than ten items, only FEWER.

Mind you, nor can the customers ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No, you didn't understand the question. Why am I not surprised?

And the time before?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh dear, has that happened to you? I hope you picked it up so that it wasn't in the way ...

Huh?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Aye, when I go shopping with the kids it is rather annoying to have thoise spaces taken by people without kids. There is a safety thing here not just the shorter walk. Kids and car parks are a dangerous mix, kids are so easyly hidden by the parked cars and the restricted view, especialy to the rear of most modern cars, doesn't help.

My father has a Blue Badge, we use it when I take him shopping but I'm

*really* looking forward to finding all the Blue Badge spots taken so I can use one of the Parent & Child ones. After all we are father and son, just happens that father is 91 and son 45...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I couldn't. My problem is that I need to sleep, probably the payback for all those years of staying up all night or clubbing until three or four in the morning, or playing cards and drinking and smoking through the night ...

Well, it was worth it:-)

Yes it is. Not having legs or neck or whatever doesn't stop you applying for a blue card like all the others. If they can do it so can you.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from Steve Walker contains these words:

We had a house where the former owners had added a socket (in the lighting circuit) by chasing down the wall from the ceiling. They hadn't removed the wallpaper first, but they filled flush with the remaining paper and then papered over the top. So, of course, when we did the job properly there was a ridge all down the wall.

Reply to
Guy King

Stuffed sounds like single syllable words are in order. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

Better idea that doesn't leave you open to being sued or smashed: Pay to have some of those lockable folding bollards installed. Might cost a bit to install but practically no running costs afterwards. Alternatively get a clamping co. to enforce the signs you've already got!

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Well I live in my own house, and the only place I can prevent parking is on my driveway and the access to my driveway. In Scotland if someone parks across your driveway, you can't do them for illegal parking, but you can do them for theft. ie. stealing your right of access.So you call out the police for theft, which usually has a faster response than calling them out for a parking misdemeanour. Most of the police aren't even aware of this law in Scotland though, so you have quite a conversation if you do invoke it.

Reply to
Taz

Did they get it on the right trip switch? My decorator blew himself clean across the room because a set of wall lights were wired direct to the mains by the previous owner.

Reply to
Depresion

Well you are all barmy north of the border.

Reply to
Depresion

You can delete the addresses you are sending to if you wish, you know.

Reply to
Taz

The housing association I lived at provided me with 3 laminated A5 signs, with my flat no. details for when I had visitors and my own motor. The parking was policed, even got a ticket while moving in, which was resolved quickly with no hassle.

Should be easy enough for the OP to design own version for residents.

Also, as to poster stating children do not make a big difference on shopping, I'd have to say they do. Next time you are shopping check how many items are themed for kids and all the latest promotions, Star Wars being the current one. It ranges from sweets, biscuits, cereal, crisps, ice-cream, juice, yogurt, cheese (that stringy stuff), ketchup, beans, in fact anything you can stick a label on.

Kids are very good at pestering parents till they get something and at lifting some promotion from a shelf only to be discovered at the till after its been scanned and too much bother and hassle to return.

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
SL