Whats this Zafira warning light

Bit if a dumb question I know but can't find it in the book. What is the warning light that looks like a car with a spanner sticking out of the roof? Its by the "7" on the rev counter.

It comes on sometimes after a mile or so driving. Not engine management, that has its own little picture of an engine. Service due? according to the book that puts up "InSP" on the mileometer. (BTW I don't have a spanner sticking out of the roof - I checked that one too.)

MW

Reply to
MW

It is engine management - the 'engine' one is exhaust emission.

Reply to
OG

Sorry forget to give some details. Its a bit early in the morning. The car is a Zafira 1.8 Comfort with 1.8 petrol engine on 2000 X plate.

MW

Reply to
MW

When it comes on the EMS switches to 'limp home' mode - we get it occasionally around town when crwaling around on low revs, and we lose power until we can get the revs up again.

Reply to
OG

Might be the "service me now" light though...

Reply to
DervMan

Sounds like the "service due" light rather than the "broken engine" light...

Reply to
DervMan

No, for that you get INSP on the odometer display when you start the car.

Reply to
OG

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you think it was worthwhile guessing what it 'might' mean when the OP's question had already been answered ?

Reply to
OG

Nah, why would I mind? All in the interest of discussion; if you re-read my comment, I wrote that this sounds like the "service due" light as opposed to the "broken engine" light.

Reply to
DervMan