Where do I put trolley jack and axle stands?

Dave Plowman ( snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It'd be funny if it weren't so damn true.

Reply to
Adrian

It's not just Kwik-fit it's the whole damm tyre trade.

Peter Hill

In news:1gct8lg.5ycjgt68z0poN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, SteveH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

the gearbox casing???? You DOG!

Steve, promise me you'll never buy an Integrale...

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.claranews.com, Conor decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I can use them on my 18 yr old Capri, but then again, my one is immaculate :-P

Can use axle stands under the axle too!... I love stoneage engineering :-D

Reply to
Pete M

It's worked for me on several occasions - used to lift the Cinq. like that.

One would assume that lifing a 'grale by the 'box isn't the done thing, then ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A friend left a DS parked on grass for a couple of years - it'd been quite solid when he put it there.

It wouldn't rise (it wouldn't start), the towbar had disappeared under grass (but the ball was still visible), and when we put a trolley under the base of the A-pillar, it just jacked and jacked and jacked with no resistance until it hit the lower hinge... Which fell off.

Reply to
Adrian

And people claim that grass does no harm.

Peter Hill

Subframe or suspension rails. You're into judgement call territory, it depends on whether or not anythings rusty. Leaving the wheel underneath is a good total shit avoiding measure.

Reply to
Duncan Wood