Will a cracked wing mirror fail MOT

1st point I already explained I will prove it to you ASAP.
this link helps but I will provefurther. 2nd point their are examples of the mot test not including things in the regs or having a lesser standard. I.e. the VLT (visible light transmission) standards for specified glass. Presently tints are permitted by the test but unlawful on the road. This is due to be introduced in the MOT test by the end of this year.
all the vehicles with this tints as well as being booked now
get a mot failure too also. another example is the VRM mot standard which is ambiguous and far below the new legislation which is why they are being passed and then getting done by the cops on the road.
Reply to
jamie8

Why not visit (and bookmark)

and get thecorrect MOT information.

Reply to
RMckay4631

thanks for the link but I already got a service provider!!!! lol, nothing on there about mot's

Reply to
jamie8

I think you mean

jamie8

That link proves that mirrors must be adjustable, says nothing about them being adjustable from the normal driving position.

Reply to
SimonJ

transmission)

will get a mot failure too also.>

I have to say - I've wondered how these guys with tinted windows get away with it. Then a again when is a tinted window illegal? I see three different ones a day on my way to work.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I'd guess that if the remote device works the mirrors the car would pass and then again it really depnds how strict the MOT guy wants to be.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Unless one wants to be done for dangerous driving.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yeah Yeah

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I think this guy RMckay4631 rang me the other morning selling double glazing.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Now that does seem a better link.........................tip for RMckay4631 ALWAYS TRY A LINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The message from "Bill" contains these words:

As long as it's behind the driver it's OK, as far as I know.

Reply to
Guy King

correct the other side windows have to allow 70% of light in and the windscreen 75% in. Only a light meter can give you these figures.

Reply to
jamie8

i know thats why i said helps not prove

Reply to
jamie8

Bill ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They don't always. I recently saw a new X5 with pimp-tint on the front door windows VERY roughly scratched off. New glass needed. I suspect he got a tug, and they wouldn't let him go with them as-was.... Quite right, too.

As soon as plod-with-clue spots it....

Reply to
Adrian

Remote adjusters for mirrors are not testable items.

Reply to
SimonJ

Thats interesting do MOT testing stations use light meters?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The message from "Bill" contains these words:

No - and even the dibbles have trouble finding on. I suspect the local vehicle inspection centre (the ones that do things like SVA certs) may have one.

Reply to
Guy King

not yet but they are planning to introduce it into the mot test by the end of the year so then they will. VOSA have now as do the police traffic depts.

Reply to
jamie8

The thing is most people who have tinted windows don't realise they are doing anything wrong - I didn't have a clue that some of these windows may be illegal

Bill

Reply to
Bill