Please Help various 106 Problems

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice or suggestions.

A few weeks ago my radio was stolen, they left the wires hanging out the front. I didn?t touch any of the wires until friday when I bought a new stereo. I was working out which wire went where when the red and black wires touched and sparked.

Since that happened various things have stopped working, the main major faults are my brake lights don?t work, nor windscreen wipers.

I tried replacing some fuses but it didn?t seem to make much difference. Today I had another look at the fuses and tried replacing them and starting the car to see if it made any difference. After checking them I found at least one 25A had blown.

My car will not start up at all now and I?m really miserable about it all. One other point is whenever I press the brake pedal the battery light comes on.

Can anyone give me any suggestions. I think I?ll get some new fuses tomorrow, but I think something must be wrong if they keep blowing. The one that blows is to do with stop lights and the wiper motor.

Reply to
SlinkyFerret

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
I don't know the 106 so cant offer specific help but if you are continually blowing fuses, take a blown one and connect a low power 12 bulb to the two contacts. use this to trace the fault. With all the relevant electrical loads turned off, the bulb should not light. If it does then there is still a current flowing. If it is at full brightness then a new fuse will almost certainly blow. Clear the fault before fitting a fuse and proceding with the analysis.

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

you still have at least one blown fuse recheck one at a time removing each to look at it

Reply to
Mindwipe

"Mindwipe" wrote: > "SlinkyFerret" wrote in > message > news:1_518243 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... > >I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice or > suggestions. > >

hi,

Well I checked each fuse and the fuse box for any current with a multimeter and replaced the fuses and the left headlight bulb. My rear lights and everything work fine now except when I indicate right and touch the brake pedal it speeds up. The left side doesn?t do this at all.

I think the battery is now holding its charge okay but I?ve booked it into the garage for friday to have a look at the indicator problem. From what I?ve read in the the haynes manual I may have a relay problem. I couldn?t look at the relays because I couldn?t get the glovebox out! But I think it will probably just need cleaning.

Thank you for your help!

Reply to
SlinkyFerret