That Daewoo...

...I bought.

My mate had it in the end (was the original plan anyway, but I kept it a few days, as I was having so much fun in it), but he's now getting himself a cheapie to run about in, as he wants to build another Skyline engined S13

200SX... this time, he's going to drop in the 2.6 twin turbo out of the GT-R, rather than the 2.5 Turbo out of the GT-S, as he did last time.

Personally, I think he's quite mad, as the last one had more than enough power, and bear in mind he's running RWD only, in something much lighter than a GT-R, which also has 4WD helping to make sure it stays on the road.

So, the Daewoo has to go, as part of raising the money to pay for said conversion.

Now... whilst I wouldn't mind it myself, it's come at a very bad time for me, so I'll list the details here, and if anyone is interested, email me (the address in the headers is unmunged), and I'll put you in touch with him.

The details, as stated by him, elsewhere:

"Had this for a few months and it's being sold to fund things for the 200

Modifications

-------------

C20XE Engine Conversion Rebuilt F16 Short Ratio Gearbox with 3.96 Final Drive

4 Branch Manifold REMUS Stainless Exhaust RAMAIR Panel filter with original cold air feed C20LET FPR Chipped (Not sure of make) Champion Edition Recaro Full Leather Interior (Slight wear on driver and passanger) Momo Leather Steering Wheel

This car was originally bought as my toy runaround about 2 months ago, but as said above i'm selling due to wanting bits for my 200 It is the ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing and has astonished many cars, even on the motorway......BMW 325i, Vectra v6, Clio 16v etc etc.

It's also surprisingly good on fuel. On a run, even with it's low ratio gearbox, i averaged about 34mpg, and around town it's not much less.

In the few months i've had it i've put new front discs and pads on it, given it a oil change, different wheels with better tyres, changed a few old water hoses, and it has been trouble free to me.

10 months tax and mot. £1250 no offers"

-- JackH

begin 666 biggrin.gif M1TE&.#EA#P`/`*(``/___[V]O5G_R&.$_P```````````````"'Y! D```$` M+ `````/``\`0 A=``,(%$B@8,&!! 40``!@(4.'!!0&B!A1H46+! 96-%A0 M@$2-'D.*S#A1(3%$LN=-BPX4>$)Q'"K!CR($B3-3>6%,DSI\*'#%NZ[ @Q

1*$2)&UEV?#F1ID>;`0("`#L` ` end
Reply to
JackH

On paper the GTR has about 30 more Kilowatts but in reality it is probably closer to 50. But for the price you pay you can get a GTS-t motor up to similar figures for similar money. What is he going to do for a gearbox. Use the GTR one and not connect to a front diff? Personally I go the 3 litre Supra motor. Lots more low down torque and you don't have to rev them as hard for similar power. And tough as nails.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

get it outputting 100bhp, i wanna see 1000bhp on a light RWD car :)

Reply to
Vamp

1000hp is easy. 1000 reliable hp is the hard part.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yes, but the internals are not as strong...

Use a GT-S one...

Heh... you wouldn't believe how easy the RB25 went in the last one - the main cradle etc., bolted straight in.

I doubt you'd shoehorn a late Supra engine into an S13 so easily...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I guess ease of fitment would be an issue. There is a few RB20DET s13s running around here. One of two RB26DETTs. Having owned a GTR and a GTS-t I would say the GTR made a lot more power but you had to ring it's neck. The GTS-t seemed to have a lot more torque down low. And is much much cheaper.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That, I don't really understand - they're not *that* much cheaper than the RB25 to buy, are they?

The scope for getting even more reliable power out of an RB26, is greater.

That, and his RB25 spent most of it's life being thrashed in the upper revs anyway... ;-)

£600 difference, between the RB25 setup he got last time, and the RB26 he's getting this time.

He wants 'the best' in there, therefore he's happy to pay that bit extra... not only that, but the GT-R gearbox is worth a lot more than a GT-S one, so he'll be selling that on, and getting some money back that way.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

RB20DET from R32 GTS-t = $1800 RB25DET from R33 GTS-t = $4000 RB26DETT from R32 GTR = $8000

So pretty pricy. But these are Aussie prices. It might be less over there.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nobody really bothers with those here, in S13 terms, or so it seems...

He paid £1400 for the last one, so roughly $3360.

He's getting this one for £2000, so roughly $4800.

Cars in general, are cheaper over here - I couldn't believe how much ealry

80s Ford Falcons and the like were fetching in Sydney, when I was there last year!

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Tell me about it. Wifey and I are considering moving over to the UK for a year or two and I've been thinking what car I could take with me to sell and make some money on. Can't think of much except for some early Aussie muscle cars like the old Monaros or Falcons. The next hardest decision would be what to bring back. M3s are cheap as chips over there.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Why do lots of Aussies want to come to the UK?

I can understand why we'd want to move out there - nice weather, less stressful life etc.

Is it the spiders and snakes Fraser? Or does your government piss you off or something?

Reply to
fishman

Both our familys are from there. My wife is English with a mum from Plymouth and a dad from Aberdeen. My mum is from Newcastle and my dad is from Hull. So between us we pretty much have all of the country covered. My wife really wants to go back for a bit but I'm not that keen. I'd like to go over for a holiday but the lifestyle here is too good. Especially in Perth.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

bah swaps been done before, there's a red pop up light 200SX with a GTR engine on one of the banzai mags sitting on my bedroom floor :)

Reply to
Vamp

mentioned to the guy that imported my MR2 that i'd like a skyline one day and he said he prefered the GTS over the GTR as a daily driver. plus there so much cheaper too :) think i'd get a GTS with GTR kit ;)

Reply to
Vamp

Yes, and?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Blue R34 GTR sat behind my house right now. Sounds rather lovely. Has mods, big exhaust, some shiny stuff under the bonnet, a loud dump valve.

Reply to
DanTXD

and nothing, proves it'll fit i guess hehe

Reply to
Vamp

24hr web cam with sound on that skyline now dan! :)
Reply to
Vamp

It'll piss on yours, that's the main thing.

:-P

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Makes sense now! I thought you were a full on abo hating convict.

Reply to
fishman