Windscreen replacement costs

Hi

Just wondering what the average cost is these days to have a windscreen replaced without going through insurance?

Thanks Kev

Reply to
Mantorok

£60 for a Peugeot 205 if that's any help.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "three sheds" Toadfoot

About £150 for a bonded one from any of the majors.

Reply to
Conor

it is well worth shopping around, my sisters screen (old renault) went from

300 pounds down to 100 pounds by shopping around and asking companies to beat each others prices.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Indeed. It's worth including your local scrap yard in your quote requests. The scrappy saving must be set off against a few scratches (look and judge) and the possibility of having the wrong plate etched on the window. You pay your money and take your choice.

I've never had a scrappy's windscreen but I've paid £5 cash for side windows on a popular model (Cavalier), supply only.

Reply to
dp