Woohoo! New vehicle category on my licence!

Over the years I have often filed complaints like that. Sometimes they have been taken on board and dealt with surprisingly quickly. A recent one was a medicine that was wrongly classified - but subtly so.

It is worth doing - some organisations do really seem to want to get it right.

Reply to
polygonum

Wow! Was not expecting that many posts after my Segway comment.

My distance for work is minimal but a very, very steep hill. I'd really like to have the option of a Segway (even if other factors rule it out). It would make all the difference and avoid my using my car.

Reply to
polygonum

An eapc would be a tenth of the cost and entirely legal to use (appropriately)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It isn't that a Segway is the only possibility, just that I'd like the option. Maybe cost, or what I think when I have been to a dealer to try one out, or something else would rule it out? It is simply that something about them appeals to me!

Reply to
polygonum

If you are in the UK and need to use it on public property, then it rules itself out.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Which countries prohibit UK residents using vehicles?

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Given that I was explicitly referring to temporarily-imported, foreign- registered vehicles, then the answer to that is "the UK".

Reply to
Adrian

You have the option, but they make no sense just for a commute. An electric category Q vehicle has no limit on power nor weight, so might be more able to achieve the 15mph up a very, very steep hill and coast down.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Why the DVLA? I can't see anything the the MSVA guide which requires mechanical brakes on a two wheeled vehicle.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Whilst I still don't understand how being used by a UK resident is part of the temporary import regs, it is possible for a non-UK resident to use a temporarily imported vehicle on UK carriageways without UK type approval.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

if the vehicle is from a non-European Union (EU) country the driver must contact Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) as soon as they enter the UK. The HMRC decides whether that particular vehicle can be used

Reply to
Mrcheerful

What MSVA guide are you looking at?

You could start with...

...then have a look through...

Adrian

It's to stop people taking the piss and using a foreign-plated vehicle to avoid parking/speeding tickets et al.

Yes, it is. But it has to be legal in the country in which it IS registered.

Reply to
Adrian

Really...?

Every single Swiss or Norwegian tourist?

Reply to
Adrian

Sure I saw a Jersey registered vehicle the other day...

Reply to
polygonum

You Sign, You Buy - The Contract Dealers use a purchase contract form when selling vehicles. Read and unders tand the contract before you sign. Once you and dealer sign the offer, it b ecomes a bind¬ing contract. The dealer cannot raise the price or sell the vehicle to anyone else. You cannot cancel the contract.

Iisa Matthew

I can't see anything there requiring brakes to be mechanical.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan