New vehicle

Honda Hornet 600. Mwahaha. Christ it's fast ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Certainly is in comparsion to nearly every car on here..................lol

Reply to
Ken

Well, yea. It does 60 in 3.5 seconds, It's fast in comparison to most cars in the world... On acceleration anyway, book top end is only about

140-150mph, and my helmet is too s**te and worn and as such, starts to come off my head around 90mph (allegedly).
Reply to
DanTXD

Sorry, that's not a vehicle that's a pushbike with a motor.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Invest in a decent helmet. Seriously.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Even though it would be able to eat any one of your rust bucket jags for breakfast, without 2 much problem............

Be highly amusing if you are a bike owner yourself though................I would say bearing in mind the s**te taste you have in cars, something that a Taiwan made Harley would be quite likely....................lol

Ken

As Bell used to say, if you've got a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet.

I never wear a helmet. That's a bike you make go without the use of petrol though ;).

Reply to
Doki

I'm fairly sure Steve's sold his Jag anyway, but out of interest, do tell us how many seconds his recent one took to accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Agreed 100%. Gotta pop through to Leeds next week anyway, so I'll dive into J&S and pick up something better.

Reply to
DanTXD

Drive in PE supplies! Fantastic.

Reply to
Depresion

It was nice knowing you.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Even on a bicycle I wear a helmet now. Probably has to do with seeing a mates helmet after he had a crash on a bikepath with a pedestrian. He went straight over the handlebars and landed on his head. Cracked his helmet clean in two. He was fine other than some scrapes. No helmet and he would of been in hospital.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Isn't it the law where you are?

The one good thing about the helmet laws in Australia is that they've served as a very good data set to demonstrate that cycle helmets are in fact pretty much useless. There is no net benefit from wearing them.

Now obviously there are cases where wearing a lump of packing foam will help. So either people wearing the foam take more risks, other people take more risks near people wearing foam hats, or foam hats actually make some crashes worse.

Personally I reckon it's a combination of the first and the third - I've got personal experience of those - but this is only supposition.

Re your mates crash - it takes a surprisingly small hit to crack a helmet in two. They're supposed to protect by crushing, not splitting.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Decades?