Would you buy a car with a welded shut bonnet?

Given most people who live anywhere near horse pass their test by the time they're 20 that means most people in their 30s still have c1+E1.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Is a Disco 3 *that* heavy? No wonder they're a bit lardy. GVW is fully loaded though, right? Is the 3 any better for load space than the previous versions, or would you need depleted uranium to get that much in it?

Reply to
PC Paul

PC Paul ( snipped-for-privacy@bitrot.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

True.

They're *only* 2494-2718kg kerb weight (fluids, tools, spare, 75kg driver).

That gives you a payload of just over 500kg. Including the occupants of the other six seats, let's not forget...

My 2cv van has a payload of 450kg. (OK, so that's based on a dry weight, but...)

The depleted uranium armour is a standard fitting, Sir.

Reply to
Adrian

Not true

I don't have B+E, but I can legally tow 1200kg with my 1510kg Escort, as the MAM and GTW is under 3500, and the trailer is no more than the maximum trailer for the car.

Most B licence holders can tow most trailers and caravans.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

The message from snipped-for-privacy@spam.vlaad.co.uk (Paul Cummins) contains these words:

Provided it's a braked trailer, of course.

Reply to
Guy King

Of course. Once you hit about 400Kg I'd want brakes on the trailer even if they aren't required.

Reply to
Paul Cummins

Doesn't the trailer have to be plated to prove the point though? i.e. you're assumed to be breaking the law unless you can immediately prove otherwise.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Please watch the language full stop! This site has children/young people accessing it and i'm sure there are adults reading it with children around able to peer over their shoulders (as I am now)

Matzi

Reply to
Matzi

Oh, do f*ck off.

Usenet is *not* a suitable place for young children to be.

Reply to
SteveH

ever heard of parental guidence?, you must be a dence clown, go away you muppet

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

Piss off s*****ad. It's not a site, it's a Usenet newsgroup. Pull your=20 head out of your sanctimonious arse and go learn what Usenet is.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

What site?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Matzi" saying something like:

Young kids have always sworn much better than adults. Now remove your head from your arse.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Piss off s*****ad. It's not a site, it's a Usenet newsgroup. Pull your head out of your sanctimonious arse and go learn what Usenet is.

Reply to
Brian

Indeed. That is the whole point of it!

I'm sorry, but I'm failing to see the connection here..

Why is your implied insult any different to Conor's bluntness?

Incidentally, if you take his advice to go and learn what Usenet is, please be kind enough to learn about how to reply to a post. You put your reply underneath Conor's sig, so most newsreaders would strip your efforts out of a reply.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Which all the other usenets require.

Reply to
Brian

I would be interested to know what the "other newsnets" are. When you find yourself in a hole it is normally advisable to stop digging.

Reply to
Howard Neil

WTF?

Go Google!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

LOL.

Twunt.

Reply to
PC Paul

I dunno if i`d say most, but there are more than you`d expect broken down through the night. And I`ve only ever once seen a HGV that couldn`t be fixed roadside once - it was just the tractor unit, which got put on a bigger truck and driven off the motorway. Every other HGV i`ve seen has been fixed roadside, certainly to a standard to limp it off to somewhere safer than the hard shoulder to finalise the repair.

But surely you DO agree with this point? Anything sat on the hard shoulder is asking for trouble - people driving into the back of it, or (more importantly) blocking access for emergency services to a major RTC further down the road.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan