wrong oil?

Can engine oil which is thicker than recommended cause engine "rattle" or "knocking" ?

Reply to
tomm

Maybe.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Only on cold start.

Reply to
Conor

I`m sure I would have noticed.. 99% certain the engine was not as noisy before

Reply to
tomm

it is very unlikely, but worth changing it for the right stuff 'just in case' Did it rattle before changing to the wrong oil?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , tomm writes

It would help us if you told us what the car and engine are. It could make a difference with an engine that has hydraulic lifters.

Reply to
Paul Giverin