ZX Diesel Again

After my other posts about the Fuel cut off solenoid sticking, I've come across another problem - if starting hot and the solenoid is not stuck, the car needs turning on the starter for at least 10 secs, as though there is no fuel getting through, then it starts, idles roughly for a couple of seconds, then is fine again.

I've noticed when looking under the bonnet with the engine running, there are air bubbles and pools of diesel around the injectors. If they are letting air in when the engine's off, could this explain why it needs turning over a lot.. and also why it always starts with injector cleaner in it which supposedly contains a cetane booster?

cheers mike

Reply to
Mike P

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Thanks for confirming that Tony. Can I just torque them up again or is there seals etc that may need replacing. My BOL is at the other end of the country ...

Cheers

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P