16" OEM Miata wheels - almost new for $600.00

Not affiliated with the seller, but at $150.00 a wheel, this is a very decent deal. Not sure how good the tires are.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Why are my OEM wheels on my 2000 MX5 only 14", tires being 185/60/14? Were there different options?

Mine was one of those, "1 at this price (19,950) cars." So when I called, I said, that one car, let me guess it was gone 2 wks ago, right?? The salesman, on the phone said, let me check. And when he came back, said that they still had it. So off we went :-).

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

Here are the different Miata wheels that were offered up until 2003.

IIRC, (could easily be wrong), the 14 inch 5-spoke alloy wheels were only used in 1999 and 2000, though the 15 inch wheels were definitely available during those years as well.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I put a set of these on my '99 along with a set of Yoko AS430's, and I must say it made a dramatic improvement in both the looks and handling over the stock 14" setup. These wheels are also very easy to clean compared to some of the others (especially BBS).

--Geary

Reply to
Geary Morton

Watch it, some people get pretty emotional over those BBS wheels. ;-)

I also like the looks of these 16 inch wheels and would consider them if I needed to buy wheels right now.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Those are my favorite 16" OEM Miata wheels also. Yes, the cleanability is no small thing. I even like these in the chrome version.

Pat, I'm thinking that the 14" wheels were only offered up thru 99. IIRC 15" became base in 2000. Anyone? ........... Class?.......... Anyone? .......Bueler?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I thought that it was 1999 only for the 5-spoke 14" alloys, but someone on here said that their 2000 Miata came with 14" wheels, so I guess it was both of those years.

I am almost certain that Mazda switched to the 15" only by 2001 up until they went with 16 inch and then 17 inch wheels depending on the package.

Pat

Reply to
pws

The site that someone shared here shows the 14" five spoke for 99+. I had to go out in the garage and look closely because the 14" and 15" looked very similar on the site. But yes my 2000, definitely has those

14" five spoke.
Reply to
Jazz_Azz

Does it not usually say on the tire what size it is?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen