2012 Miata going smaller?

Could it be true?

Pat

Reply to
pws

The "Superlight" is just a show car without much of an interior. They must have run out of interesting ideas.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Is obesity not an issue in Japan yet ?, I thought McDs were there ;-)

Reply to
Ttoommy

Lighter, I'm all for. Smaller, that's not so easy. I'm thrilled with the interior space of my prev 92 and current 99 but I wouldn't want them cutting into passenger space and PLEASE do not reduce trunk space (can you say MR2 Spyder). How much smaller could they go and still get us >6' dudes in there?

Chris

99BBB

But what about the rendering in the cited website? Not the Superlight concept (which I agree is nothing special) but the complete redesign with the edgy, angular stying? I don't particularly care for it, but I would have no problem with the concept of a smaller, lighter, 2012 Miata.

Tim

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo