20th Anniversayr Edition

I assume that this is just a UK model, as it was posted on a UK website, but it looks as if Mazda are doing a Limited Edition 20th Anniversary model.

It's a bit of a let down. It's the base-model with different wheels, a few badgees and a bit of chrome. Oh yes, and a brace bar on the front.

I have no idea what they're trying to prove here, I'd have thought a sporty edition with the 2 litre motor (and maybe a turbocharger - pleeeease?) would have made a better anniversary model.

I won't be joining the queue (what queue?) for one...

Reply to
Rob

Wow, it even has a choice of 3 colors, which is actually nice for the buyer, but it will never stand out the way a 10AE does.

Even the '95, '96 & '97 M editions are instantly recognizable to me by color in the daytime. The Starlight Mica blue that I had looks black to me at night from a distance.

The 1994 "M" edition with Montego Blue paint looks like the rest of them until I see the badges and wheels. That is how this 20AE will be.

I agree, more should have been done to set it apart.

Pat

Reply to
pws