80 amp fuse question

On the big 80 amp fuse in the main fuse box on the driver side, (U.S. models), does that one just pop out with pressure or is there something else to it? This is on a 1993 model.

My manual is playing hide-n-seek in some moving boxes.

Thanks,

Pat

Reply to
pws

I've never had to mess with the 80A fuse Cartridge-type 80A fuse (Black)

  1. Disconnect the negative battery cable
  2. Remove the fuse block mounting nuts, and remove the service cover
  3. Remove the fuse installation bolts, and pull out the fuse
  4. Install the new fuse and the fuse installation bolts
  5. Install the main fuse block
  6. Reconnect the negative battery cable

They seem to have forgotten "replace the service cover". No big deal.

Looks easy; let us know how it goes,

Ken

Reply to
KWS

Reply to
Chuck

Ken provided the instructions for it, and I finally dug out the manual as well. The problem that blew the fuse was taken care of previously and now I just need to grab a new one. (dealer item?)

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Reply to
Chuck

I have only pulled three of these fuse boxes apart during Miata tear-downs, it seems like I might remember how the fuse box was setup.

To my minor defense, I was doing this in a poorly-lit garage that barely had enough room to fit the Miata in to get it out of the cold rain.

Once I had it outside in reasonable temperatures and could reach everything nicely without being crammed up against the car, it became a lot more obvious.

Thanks again,

Pat

Reply to
pws