Latest threads in Mazda Miatashow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dodge might try to compete with Mazda.
think they are on the rigth track to produce a Miata killer?
29
29

Rotary 1972 RX2
Here is a link to some pictures I took of my neighbors new 1972 RX2. It's got 20k on the second engine..he got 180k from the first. Check out the wheels. I miss my RX7!

1972 RX2
Next door neighbor just picked up a 1972 RX2. 180k on the first engine. The second engine he's got 20k on. I heard it the other morning... there is no mistaking the sound of that rotary (I had an RX7)...
1
1

Downshifting 101, Part Deuxx (2-1 & heel-and-toe)
Hello everyone. For those of you who missed out before, this series is about me learning to downshift (CGGW is my first stick-shift car). Right now where I'm at is, I've gotten to the point where I...
7
7

CarMD or similar device any good?
Anyone have experience or knowledge with one of these devices? It cost abt $90 and connect to the data port of your car and helps diagnose any problems. My 2000 Mazda Protege check engine light keeps...
3
3

1995 MX5 valuation (UK)
Can anyone give me a rough vavlue of a 1995 MX5. Not sure what the specific model is (maybe an S or is it iS). It's been sat for a number of years and the owner is looking to shift it, the valuation...
8
8

2000 Mazda Protege blue smoke at startup. Why?
My 2000 Mazda Protege is smoking blue smoke at start up until it warms up and then it clears up. Has abt 127k on it and I am the 1st owner and have taken great care of this car What is likely cause?...
1
1

Engine died coming off the freeway!
Hello, I own a '90 Miata with 140,000 on it and have had few real problems with it. However, my drive to work this morning resulted in my engine cutting out one me. Perhaps someone could suggest...
7
7

Roll Bars?
Is a roll bar really needed ? Which make is actually protective, and won't interfere with my 1996 soft top with glass window? Aren't most of the roll bars available just decorative & don't really...
19
19

Almost dead in my 2000..
Last Friday I got onto the Garden State Parkway (in Northern NJ) to begin my drive back down to Tampa. As I pulled away from the toll booth and accelerated to about 60, the car to my left veered into...
14
14

Smoke after spark plug change
Hi, First post so if I waffle, bear with me! We have just had our spark plugs changed and she drove back fine from the garage but on starting her this morning, plumes of smoke bellowed from the...
9
9

Spare Tire Relocation
Greetings and Felicitations! Due to the death of my wife's beater, we are now happy owners of an '03 Shinsen (#711). We got it at wholesale price (local to central Indiana). I've been doing a little...
6
6

Anybody know of a good diagnostic scanner/code reader
I am hoping that some of you might have some suggestions about a good diagnostic scanner/code reader for my 2002 LS 6 speed. Not that it matters, but it has everything on her but a rear spoiler and...
6
6

engine stand placement
Hi, my long awaited short block got home yesterday and looking at the manual, it says to mount the engine on its left side at the ps bracket...that seems a bit odd as I have always seen engines...
2
2

Lime Creek - cold but fast this weekend!
I was up in Austin again this weekend. It was too cold on Saturday to drop the top but that didn't keep me, the dog, and my Miata off Lime Creek. Great drive! Only encountered two other cars on the...
1
1