Any information from the UK?

Hello - this is my first post here. I have put 'Mazda' into my newsgroup search, and this is the only hit (NTL world is hopeless). Sorry if this is Off Topic.

I have today ordered a Mazda 3 (Katomo) in the UK. I test drove a Mazda 2

1.4 capella, and a Honda Jazz. My opinion was that the Honda came in between the other two, in terms of price and performance/quality. I went for the Mazda 3. However I don't see anything here about Mazda 3s. I appreciate that this newsgroup is geared to the US market, and you have models not available here in the UK. I'd love to see some posts from UK drivers of 'latest model' Mazda 3's (I know this is not much different from the old model - mostly cosmetic, I'd say). So - any thoughts?
Reply to
Bioboffin

That's great. Thanks.

Reply to
Bioboffin

Reply to
Jungwoo Ha

There are others also John. My youngest daughter's boyfriend frequents a different one but I don't remember the name of it. Good luck, I'm quite impressed with the US spec "3" and I'd imagine the UK model to be very similar, right?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Chris, I do not recall frequenting one. Also, we are engaged, didn't she tell you? I'll be calling you "Big Poppa" soon.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I understand that the engine size(s) are bigger in the US version. We have engine sizes: 1.4L, 1.6L and 2.0L whereas in the US the engine size is 2.3L. The rest of the car looks the same (apart from the steering wheel being on the other side!); but there are probably tweaks like bigger disc rotors etc. to cope with the greater weight and power.

Reply to
Bioboffin

OMG! Well that answers the question I just asked you on the other thread about your next future ex-wife! I guess we're to be related?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Actually, we get a 2.0L 148hp base model with a 2.3L 156hp upgrade option but of course the biggest news to come down the Mazda 3 pipe is the new Mazdaspeed version propelled by 2.3L direct injection turbocharged engine producing 263hp! Unfortunately I believe it is delivering this all through the front two tires. Still, it will be very interesting.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Oh yeah, and it has been a tradition for my father-in-law at the time to give me a very nice allowance and the use of their vehicles, a trend that I hope to continue with the D'Agnolo family.

Don't worry, 15 years has not worn off the shock of the first marriage and divorce. It won't be happening again anytime too soon.

Now as far as dating your daughter..... ;-)

I took the Koni shocks down, not saying why here, they may go back up soon. If you want to know what's up, shoot me an e-mail.

Pat

Reply to
pws