Change Instrument Panel Light?

Does anyone know -- Is there a way to replace a lightbulb in the instrument cluster of a 1990 Miata without pulling out the entire
instrument panel?
-- Arye.
Are you plastic man?
Removing the instrument panel is not that difficult. Once you have removed the screws from the gauge hood, it's just a few spring clips holding it in. Just be careful pulling it out, make sure you come out straight to not br eak the posts. After that, the panel is just a couple of exposed screws to get access to the back.

Thanks for the info! It's the removal of the steering wheel that I'm trying to avoid.
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:55:30 -0500, Arye wrote:

I do not remember there being a need for that. However, the speedo cable might be pretty tight. (This is my memory from many years ago.)

I don't think so (but I could be mistaken.)
The Usenet Improvement Project: